What do Amusement and Recreation Attendants do?
Perform variety of attending duties at amusement or recreation facility. May schedule use of recreation facilities, maintain and provide equipment to participants of sporting events or recreational pursuits, or operate amusement concessions and rides.
- Sell tickets and collect fees from customers.
- Sell and serve refreshments to customers.
- Record details of attendance, sales, receipts, reservations, or repair activities.
- Provide information about facilities, entertainment options, and rules and regulations.
- Direct patrons to rides, seats, or attractions.
- Monitor activities to ensure adherence to rules and safety procedures, or arrange for the removal of unruly patrons.
- Clean sporting equipment, vehicles, rides, booths, facilities, or grounds.
- Keep informed of shut-down and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Operate machines to clean, smooth, and prepare the ice surfaces of rinks for activities such as skating, hockey, and curling.
- Operate, drive, or explain the use of mechanical riding devices or other automatic equipment in amusement parks, carnivals, or recreation areas.
- Provide assistance to patrons entering or exiting amusement rides, boats, or ski lifts, or mounting or dismounting animals.
- Rent, sell, or issue sporting equipment and supplies such as bowling shoes, golf balls, swimming suits, and beach chairs.
- Fasten safety devices for patrons, or provide them with directions for fastening devices.
- Tend amusement booths in parks, carnivals, or stadiums, performing duties such as conducting games, photographing patrons, and awarding prizes.
- Verify, collect, or punch tickets before admitting patrons to venues such as amusement parks and rides.
- Inspect equipment to detect wear and damage and perform minor repairs, adjustments or maintenance tasks such as oiling parts.
- Maintain inventories of equipment, storing and retrieving items and assembling and disassembling equipment as necessary.
- Announce or describe amusement park attractions to patrons to entice customers to games and other entertainment.
- Schedule the use of recreation facilities such as golf courses, tennis courts, bowling alleys, and softball diamonds.
Related Jobs (Amusement and Recreation Attendants)